DENVER – March 4, 2020 – Parade kick-off festivities officially begin when the Denver City Council makes their proclamation in honor of the 58th annual parade. Then the Changing of the Street Sign ceremony performed by the Tooley family and Bellco Credit Union will follow on Thursday. The Changing of the Street Sign ceremony will happen at the corner of 20th & Blake St. All of this is assisted by, and couldn’t happen without the awesome Denver Public Works crew. Here are the details:
· Monday, March 9th, 2020 – The City and County of Denver will issue a proclamation for the Parade during council session. This will take place at the Denver City and County building located at 1437 Bannock St., Denver, Colorado.
· Thursday, March 12th 2020 5:00 PM – Blake Street will officially be renamed “Tooley Street” in honor of the late Dale Tooley, longtime Denver District Attorney, one-time mayoral candidate and full-time Irishman. There will be a small gathering and bagpipers to commemorate the event.
· Saturday, March 14th, 2020 9:30 AM – Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade! Step Off: 9:30 a.m. MST
· More Parade Day Information here: https://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com/parade-day-information
Our Parade 2020 honors our Police, Fire and First Responders. Thank you for your service! This year’s charity is Shield616, which was founded to provide all-day rifle protection for peace officers and first responders who sacrificially serve our communities.
Text Shield616 to 41444 to donate!
SHIELD616 focuses on a mission to support local law enforcement communities and first responders throughout the nation. They believe that when our peace officers and first responders are well equipped they will strengthen our nation, states, communities, neighborhoods and families. Because of that, their goal is not only to provide initial protection but also to replace the gear every five years — at no cost to the peace officer, first responder or department. This is only possible because of generous friends, like you, who donate through SHIELD616. SHIELD616 is a 501(c)(3). Each donation will receive a receipt for tax purposes.
More about our Denver Parade
The Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade dates back to 1962 and today carries the title of the largest west of the Mississippi. It begins at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 14, 2019 from the corner of 19th and Wynkoop. After turning left on 17th to Blake Street, it will march east to end at 27th and Blake in the Coors Field parking lot. It will feature more than 10,000 marchers and 140 entrants including:
· Pipe bands
· Step dancers
· Police, fire and emergency service agencies
· Military members
· Marching bands
· Businesses and our city’s dignitaries
For more information about the parade, visit www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com or go to Facebook to see pictures of the recent activities so far this year! https://www.facebook.com/stpatsparadeday #denverstpatsparade2020
Bellco is one of Colorado’s largest financial institutions, with more than $4 billion in assets and 24 branches in Colorado. Founded in 1936, Bellco offers a full range of financial products and services including mortgages, auto loans and checking accounts. Today, Bellco has more than 344,000 members who benefit from the advantages of a credit union, including lower interest rates on loans, higher yields on savings, and access to thousands of ATMs nationwide. Connect with Bellco on Facebook and Twitter. Bellco is Federally Insured by NCUA and is an Equal Housing Opportunity Lender.